The earthquake(which caused the Tsunami) killed around 13 people in the Indonesian island of Java. It was very powerful indeed with it's magnitude a 7.0.
In case there is another Tsunami or earthquake in future time(which we don't hope), here are some ways to be informed and get the breaking news instantly:
- Register your mobile phone with CNN SMS Alerts which is completely free and works in most countries. Click here to do that and don't forget you can forward them to your friends!
- Listen to radio if possible, it's much better than television.
- Tweeps might also get quick informations on Twitter.
- NOAA Pacific Tsunami Warning Center is one of the most reliable source of information on the net. Click here to access it.
- Those who prefer the computer and Internet might visit BBC World or CNN for latest news on the situation.